WHY DOES THE CALIFORNIA STATE BAR CERTIFY A CERTIFIED FAMILY LAW?
Attorney Tess Reutzel is a Certified Family Law Specialist, certified by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
What does this mean?
The State Bar of California has a central authority that ensures all attorneys with this distinction possess certain skills, knowledge and expertise in their given area of law. This authority helps the public to identify attorneys who have demonstrated proficiency in specialized fields of law.
Possessing this certification represents that Ms. Reutzel:
Is proficient in family law, as evidenced by a cumulative exam.
Has extensive experience in family law, as evidenced by completing a certain number of trials, contested hearings, and negotiated settlements.
Is current in family law, by completing extensive continued education requirements.
Tess Reutzel looks forward to using this special distinction to better serve her clients!
WHAT CAN A CERTIFIED FAMILY LAW SPECIALIST DO FOR YOU?
Family law is complex and constantly changing – a Certified Family Law Specialist stays current with the law.
- Make certain marital settlement agreements and pre- or post-nuptial agreements are properly prepared;
- Identify tax issues which may affect the distribution of marital property and the payment of child, spousal or family support;
- Help you effectively deal with complex legal issues involving community property laws;
- Negotiate or mediate the difficult and emotional issues relating to legal separation, dissolution of marriage and child custody;
- Protect clients who need restraining orders for domestic violence;
- Handle matters relating to modification of child custody, spousal support or child support;
- Offer a collaborative process enabling clients to resolve their issues without court intervention.